Invited “with great enthusiasm,” the Baltimore Flute Choir will perform at the 50th Anniversary convention of the National Flute Association in Chicago on August 12, 2022.
For its performance, the BFC has selected a diverse program showcasing a variety of musical styles, including the world premiere of a work by Maryland composer Gregory Pascuzzi:
- O Magnum Mysterium (Tomás Luis de Victoria, arr. Joshua Weinberg)
- “Dashing Away”, from Suite on English Folktunes (John Rutter, arr. Robert Rainford)
- Alleluia (Eric Whitacre, arr. Phyllis Avidan Louke)
- Reflections on “A Prayer for Ukraine” (Gregory Pascuzzi)
- Summertime Romp (Gay Kahkonen)
The National Flute Association is the nation’s premier organization of professional and amateur flutists, drawing top players and vendors from all over the world. The Baltimore Flute Choir last performed at the NFA Convention in Orlando, Florida, in 2018.
Leave a Reply